Wednesday 16 August 2023

The Barrington-Smythes

It seems that "shorts" are quite popular these days.  YouTube has a "shorts shelf" for videos of one minute or less and which are now monetised for those who qualify.  Tik-Tok is also very popular with short videos although they have upped the watch time to 10 minutes at the time of writing this.

I have also noticed that quite a few people enjoy "no commentary" videos.  In a way, this also closes the language gap where actions can speak louder than words.  And of course in The Sims, well, everyone knows Simlish :-)

Which brings me to today's video.

For a little while now, I have been recording my personal gameplay.  I play rotationally in The Sims 2 and, with each rotation, I record it and make a little video out of it by cutting it up into lots of little shorts and piecing it all together without any commentary.  This seems to go down quite well with my subscribers although it does take quite a while to complete.  Gameplay can be around 6 to 7 hours and a video can end up being just 20 or 30 minutes.  However, it is fun to do!

My latest episode is The Barrington-Smythes.  This is Part 4 where my couple are left alone with their cat Abbey after their children have gone to Uni.  

If you like shorts then you will love this episode of The Barrington-Smythes and if you like "no commentary" videos, you will surely enjoy this offering :-)



- Minicart (Jules)

No comments:

Post a Comment