Friday 18 August 2023

1571 Melody Drive

Even though The Sims 2 is an old game, I think the graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is amazing.  Sims in The Sims 2 seem more "real" and have great personalities.  To me, they are smarter than the so-called "smart Sims" that EA made out The Sims 4 to be.

Obviously, things change over the years as far as the look and feel of video games and The Sims are no exception.

Building houses and lots in The Sims 2 is harder than it is in The Sims 4.  Regardless of what anyone says about this latest iteration of The Sims, TS4 build mode is very advanced, allowing the player to push and pull walls, laying foundations after the house has been built - I could go on.  I do not consider myself a builder but I enjoy building and I do find The Sims 2 a lot harder to build in than The Sims 4.

I tend to have a lot of trouble with roofing in The Sims 2 but admit that I am getting better and I do accomplish it in the end.

When you look at Sims 4 builds, they are quite modern and "up to date" and doing this in The Sims 2 is a little harder but not entirely impossible.

Thanks to all of those wonderful custom content creators that are still out there, creating new stuff for The Sims 2, you can make your Sims 2 build look more modern for your Sims and allow you, the player, to play this great game with a new, modern look.

Apart from mods to make the water look more sparkly, the grass greener and the world more open, new and colourful UI and a host of other stuff, creators are converting Sims 4 objects to Sims 2, allowing the player to have the expansion pack objects from The Sims 4 into The Sims 2.  It's like having extra expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs for a game that, unfortunately, EA no longer supports.

There is now a conversion database for Sims 2 content that has been converted from The Sims 4 and a hashtag of "4t2" on Tumblr to find this content a lot easier.

I think my Sims in The Sims 2 deserve better so I tend to use a lot of custom content in my game and in the more modern builds that I place for download.

When I was scouring the internet for ideas on my next build, I came across a really modern home that I wanted to re-create in The Sims 2 and came up with 1571 Melody Drive.


This home has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study and a kitchen/diner/lounge with a garage that houses a brand-new sparkling Mercedes which I downloaded from Mod the Sims a while back.

I also created a speed-build video for YouTube and as you will see at the end of the video, my Sims tested out the home and seemed very happy with it!

Here's the video if you want to check it out and if you would like to download this lot for your game, the link is pinned to the comments section.

Dag Dag!


- Minicart (Jules)


No comments:

Post a Comment