Friday 21 June 2013

Game Update for TS3 Island Paradise

I decided to take a break from creating and have a play with what we were given with the new game update.  If I remember correctly, we were told in the recent live broadcast that with this update we could build out to sea.  So anyway, I'm not a builder but I wanted to see what I could do in Barnacle Bay.  I chose Barnacle Bay for the simple reason that Simmers in North America will get this town free if they pre-order Island Paradise, so I thought that would be a good place to test this out.


Building Into the Sea

First of all, please excuse the quality of some of these images as they came out quite dark and I had to lighten them up in Photoshop.  Tip: Click on the images to make them bigger!

Here's an image of one of the beaches at Barnacle Bay that I decided to build on:




As you can see from this image, you can place a lot that goes from the beach and out to sea:




Here are the images once I had placed the foundation:





As I am not a builder (yep, I know I said it before but I really must stress that fact), I used some of the blueprints just to show what a house looks like on the lot:





I wanted to pop a swimming pool and a hot tub on the 'deck' foundation but it wouldn't let me....


Swimming Pool Blueprints


Whilst in the blueprint section of build mode, I noticed that under the miscellaneous tab, there are 24 blueprints for swimming pools that I don't remember seeing before:




I think that these are really cool features that we've been given with the update as this will allow you to start building your Sim's dream home in readiness for the release of Island Paradise.


Moving to a New Town


Just after I had updated my game, I had to enter it to take some photo's of my teen Sim in her new Cow pyjamas for TSR.  Once the lot had loaded, I had a pop-up which gave me the option of moving my family to a new town.  I didn't want to do this as this was just my 'model' family for clothing so whilst in Barnacle Bay, I decided to choose a random home to see if I got the same message.  Well, I didn't, probably because I hadn't played her before so I decided to look at the options on her phone.

As you can see from the image below, under the 'Real Estate and Travel Services' you get the option to 'Purchase an Additional Home':




So I clicked on that which gave me this:




As you can see from the above image, you can actually move to a new town from your phone but this requires a 20,000 Simoleon deposit which is refunded to you once you get there.  So I gave my Sim 50,000 and upon clicking the New Town option, I was presented with this screen:




From here, you can choose which town you would like your Sim to move to.

At this point I was wondering if your Sim would be able to keep in touch with friends and family 'back home', just like we can when travelling to Uni or on a World Adventure but, alas no:




As the next screen suggests, it's a good idea to save your game just in case you want to go back to where you left off if you don't want to carry on playing with your Sim in a new town:




I didn't find anything else, however this is a great update in readiness for Island Paradise, especially if you love to build stuff, either for yourself or to share within the community.

I hope the above was helpful if you haven't had a chance to look yourself or are still awaiting the update.

Cheers!

~Minicart

No comments:

Post a Comment